Our dogs are very much members of the family. We try to look after our fur-babies as best we can. When you think about how important the right food is for your dog, it is just like choosing a baby formula. Think that is going a bit far? Well look are the reasons below.
6 Reasons Dog Food and Baby Formula are the Same
- Dog food makes up almost 100% of a dog’s diet – as it does for a non-breast-fed baby. This means it needs to have all the nutrients required for your dog to grow healthily and nothing bad that will make them ill.
- Both human babies and fur babies can’t talk. If they feel sick every time they eat or want to eat something else, they can’t tell us. You must look for signs that something is not right.
- Once you find a product that you think is good, your baby/fur baby likes, seems to do well on and you can afford, you generally keep buying it. You don’t switch just because another brand in on sale on the day you are shopping.
- It is very hard as a non-expert to choose what product is best. Nutrition is complex, and you have to constantly filter out most of the marketing tricks and look at the facts instead. Think Bellamy’s is mostly from Tasmanian milk? It is from Europe actually.
- Trust in the brand is key. This is why you constantly see stories of baby formula being snapped up from Australian shelves and sent to China. After many safety scares a lot of Chinese people do not trust that the formula that they can buy in China is safe. Recent issues with Australian dog food brands such as Advance, Applaws, Baxters and Black Hawk have been destroying trust here in dog food here as well.
- One of the biggest pet food companies in the world, Nestle, is also a major player in baby formula!
So, just like baby formula, spend some time to choose the best food for your fur-baby. They will thank you for it!
Find out how to choose the best food for your dog.